* Click on column header for sort them
Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia ,
08 - 12 Jul 2019
Toronto - Canada ,
14 - 18 Oct 2019
Abu Dhabi - UAE ,
15 - 19 Dec 2019
Reservoir simulation has a great impact on the current Oil & Gas industry. It becomes the key element for making a decision about any current or future investment. Simply, reservoir simulation is used to identify any opportunity to increase oil or gas production.
This course is outlined to help and support the non- specialists with the basic features of reservoir simulation engineering. The course illustrates gradually from the basic features of reservoir simulation and up to the special topics used in the reservoir simulation practices. The participants will have a valuable knowledge on the overall petroleum industry, the importance role of reservoir simulation engineer and the way to conduct a simulation study. Furthermore, the course includes the concept of field development plan and special topics of reservoir simulation engineering.
Introduction to Reservoir Simulation for Non-Specialists training course aims to help participants to be able to:
- Gain better knowledge on the overall petroleum industry
- Aware of the role of reservoir simulation engineer
- Understand the importance of reservoir simulation
- Gain more knowledge on fundamentals of reservoir simulation
- Get an overview on the way to conduct a simulation study
- Gain knowledge on some special topics of reservoir simulation engineering
- Get sufficient knowledge through different reservoir simulation case studies
- Non-Technical staff involved in oil & gas industry
- Supporting Technical staff who are working with reservoir engineers
- Team Leaders/Managers involved in oil & gas industry
- Engineers in the field of Reservoir, Petroleum, Field/Production, Facilities/Process and Exploration
- Geoscientists/Petrophysicists and Technologists
- Other persons who are looking to have more knowledge on reservoir simulation engineering features
This training seminar will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The seminar is designed as a blended environment of presentation; workshops; group work; practical exercises; field application/ analysis; and general discussions.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Day 1 - Introduction to Petroleum Industry
- What is Petroleum Industry?
- Worldwide Petroleum Producers
- World Oil Reserve
- Origin of Petroleum Hydrocarbon
- History of Petroleum
- Onshore & Offshore Fields
- Types of Petroleum Companies
- Petroleum Industry Key Aspects
Day 2 - Overview of Reservoir Engineering
- What is the Reservoir?
- What is the Reservoir Engineering?
- Role and importance of Reservoir Engineer
- Reservoir Types
- Reservoir Drive Mechanisms
- Reservoir Key Rock/Fluid Properties
- Darcy Equation
- Initial Oil in Place
- Reserve Estimation
- Types of Well testing
- Reservoir Life Cycle
Day 3 - Reservoir Simulation Features
- What is the Reservoir Simulation?
- Importance of Reservoir Simulation
- Reservoir Simulation Concepts
- Reservoir Simulation Model
- Modelling overview
- Golden Rules for Simulation Engineers
- Model Input/output data
Day 4 - Conducting the Simulation Study
- Field Development Plan
- What is the simulation Model Run?
- Methodology to run the simulation model
- Reservoir Initial Conditions
- History Match Concept
- Parameters required for History Match
- Reservoir Simulation Prediction
Day 5 - Notes on Special Reservoir Simulation Topics
The training course admits an easy approach to enhance the knowledge of all participants and bring them quickly to the concepts, methodology and importance of reservoir simulation engineering in the overall oil industry.
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them